Friday, January 27, 2006

WMD - Bush officials pass the blame around again.

Fire officials are blaming a 20-pound cat for starting a house fire in the town of Washington near Eau Claire that caused about 25-thousand dollars damage.

Officials say the gray and white cat apparently jumped on an electric range in the basement of a two-story home at about 4:30 yesterday morning and turned on the push-button control. Plastic containers on top of the range smoldered.

A smoke detector alerted at least three people in the home, who were not hurt. The fire damaged part of the basement and smoke damaged much of the residence.

The cat died, likely of smoke inhalation


Post a Comment

<< Home