Friday, April 07, 2006

The Did See or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love 764-HERO

I started this whole blog site to give a shout out to John Atkins new band The Can't See, so blame them for this blog. Since my post on them in January I've seen them play live and I really, really liked the show, the three of them worked it. I had a good time swaying to Ken's piano playing and Thomas's shit kicking drumming, although I was completely drunk when they played I'm sure I'd sway sober. I'm sorry for kicking whoever's license plate off their car that night, I tried to re-attach it but don't remember much if it helped, I hope it was a rental.

A four song set with interview from Seattle's KEXP
Listen via Windows Media
Listen via Real Media

Buy their LP Coma Comma No More at Luckyhorse, it comes with a CD of the LP.

A few of my favorite songs from John and Polly's band 764-HERO, there's not enough room here for all their good songs.



764-HERO - Dragon ( from We're Solids available from Suicide Squeeze)
764-HERO - Pitiful Rattle ( from Salt Sinks & Sugar Floats available from UP records)
764-HERO - Dodge ( from Salt Sinks & Sugar Floats available from UP records)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, come on! 764-HERO never topped "high school poetry" i'm sorry to say. you shoulda posted that!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've been looking for their "comma comma no more" record and so far, nothing, physical or otherwise. I guess it didn't caught on. Well, it's been almost ten years, but still.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home