Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Oh You've Got Green Eyes, Oh You've Got Blue Eyes, Oh You've Got Grey Eyes

Years ago I was in London in a club called The Garage, very tired with a cold after an exhausting two week tour of the country. I told my English friend that the only thing that would make me feel better is the New Order song "Temptation" and 15 minutes later it happened. I still don't know to this day if she asked the DJ to play it but I like to think that she did.

So here's a video that came out on last years New Order DVD Item, it's basically 8 minutes of Victoria Bergsman dancing and doing cartwheels

New Order's video producer Michael Shamberg talks about it:

"I was in Paris working on another project, a personal film. One night a friend invited me to see the Swedish band The Concretes. They were wonderful. I met them afterwards and we went nearby for a drink. I told the singer, Victoria Bergsman, what I was up to in terms of developing a video for New Order. She told me of an idea she had for a video of a woman who goes shopping for a record (vinyl), takes it home, and dances to it."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home