Friday, September 22, 2006

Wong Cat-wai

By now you've already read that Cat Power article in the New York Times , the one with this to say about her past "her mornings began with a minibar’s worth of Jack Daniel’s, Glenlivet and Crown Royal."

I'm sure that wasn't too surprising to anyone but this certainly caught me off-guard

"She said that the cult director Wong Kar-wai invited her to play Jude Law’s ex-lover in the movie he is now shooting. Mr. Wong, she said, told her he was in the habit of playing “The Greatest” for his actors before each scene. "

The same Wong Kar-wai film staring Norah Jones called My Blueberry Nights... yes I'm rolling my eyes with you.

Wong Kar-wai's In the Mood for Love is one of my favorite films of all time, it's just fucking beautiful.

There was a time a few years back where I had to listen to the soundtrack of the film every morning before I listened to any other music at work. I still have no idea why, i guess it turned into superstition of some sort but the weird disorder dragged on for about a year.


Nat King Cole - Aquellos Ojos Verdes
Nat King Cole - Quizàs, Quizàs, Quizàs
Umebayashi Shigeru - Yumeji's Theme


2 Comments:

Blogger Red Star Nezzie said...

norah jones and chan marshall....hmmm.... they are ok, i guess....but why the hell did he ask Jude Law to be in his film?!

10:22 AM  
Blogger stephanie lee said...

oh god, how i love that film! it's so beautiful, so sensual, so dazzling!

don't know what to think about MY BLUEBERRY NIGHTS. judging by talent it seems it could be a huge disappointment. let's just hope it isn't!

good taste in films, AND movies!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home