Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Sibylle Baier

I discovered this gem over at the Unchanging Window Blog... A young Sibylle Baier recorded this album 'Colour Green' at her home in Germany during the years of 1970-73. After a "particularly dark and moody period" she took a road trip to Strasbourg and returned invigorated and wrote the songs that would comprise the album. This record is beautiful, it breaks my heart, I love it.

"When so many are lonely as seem to be lonely, it would be inexcusably selfish to be lonely alone" (T.Williams)

Saved from obscurity by Elf Power's Orange Twin label

Forget About
Colour Green
The End

1 Comments:

Blogger JOE GILLIS said...

Thanks for these songs; I'd been hoping to hear more from her. (I'm more of a dog person, though. Sorry 'bout that.)

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home